The NFT space is getting bigger daily, and every NFT developer has profited considerably from this trend. Everyone in this space is eager to get their hands on the best and most valuable NFTs, and they are ready to pay huge prices for it. One of the many ways to acquire these NFTs is through an NFT auction. People involved in NFT development attend these auctions to sell their creations. But not everyone knows how these auctions work, making it difficult for them to acquire their desired NFTs in these sales.
What is an NFT auction?
The NFT auction functions like any other auction. The creator sets a minimum price. Then buyers at the auction place their bids based on the amount they are willing to pay for the NFT. The person with the highest bid at the end of the sale gets the NFT.
Functioning of an NFT auction
Anyone with NFT training can quickly create an NFT of their own. However, they need to collect more NFTs or sell their creations to profit from NFTs. And to do this, they attend NFT auctions. These auctions have a 24-hour countdown period. To enter the auction, you need to fix your reserve limit. The reserve limit is the Ethereum you are willing to take for an NFT. If you are a buyer, you need to place the bid above or equal to the reserve price of that NFT.
If you are a seller, you need to remember that a fifteen percent service fee will be levied on the final price of the NFT. So it would be best if you fixed your reserve price based on this. After the reserve price is set, the countdown will start. The timer resets to 15 minutes in the last 15 minutes of the countdown, and this continues until no one places a bid for the NFT.
If you wish to bid in the auction, you must do that within 24 hours. Each bid must be greater than or equal to the reserve price set by the NFT developer. However, if someone placed a bid before you, you must bet higher than them. Each subsequent bid must be 0.1 ETH or 10 percent (whichever is lower in value) higher than the last bid. And if you place the first bid at the reserve amount and no one bids after you, you will get the NFT. At the end of the bidding, if a buyer asks for an extension, then each bidder is allowed to place one last bid.
How To Start Bidding ?
To be able to bid at an NFT auction, you need to follow these steps –
- Connect your online wallet to NFTs.
- Look for NFTs on various platforms, and once you find a suitable NFT, enter that marketplace.
- Click on the NFT for its information and then look at the current bid and time left for its auction.
- Place your bid and ensure it matches the bidding conditions discussed earlier.
- If you meet the condition required to win the bidding, you must complete the blockchain transaction.
- Finally, the NFT will be credited to your crypto wallet.
How To Start An Nft Auction As An Nft Developer?
After completing your NFT certification, you will be able to create your NFTs very easily. And to sell these NFTs at a fair price, you need to start an auction of your own. Follow these steps to start an auction of your own –
- Choose an NFT marketplace; it is a place where you can host your auction.
- Now sign up on that platform and link your wallet to it.
- Choose the NFT that you want to put on auction from the wallet.
- Now click on the “List your NFT” option on the marketplace.
- Tap on the confirmation from your wallet about the NFT transaction and pay the transaction charges.
- To keep a tab on the progress of this transaction, track it on the Ethereum blockchain.
After listing your NFT for the auction, wait for the buyers on the platform to place a bid. As soon as the auction concludes, you will get a notification about the highest bid. Now claim the money paid by the bidder for your NFT.
Types Of Nft Auctions For An Nft Developer
The types of NFT auctions are classified based on the method by which winners are determined, and buyers are admitted.
Classification Based On The Determination Of The Winner
Based on how a winner is determined in an auction, the NFT auction is divided into two types.
- Dutch NFT auction – In this type of auction, the bidding starts from a very high price that falls with time. And the buyer who calls the bet first wins the NFT.
- English NFT auction – This is the type of auction where the highest bidder wins. In this, multiple buyers can place the bet on the same NFT, and it ends with the highest bidding.
Classification Based On The Admission Of Buyers
NFT auctions can be divided into two types based on the type of buyers they admit.
- Closed auction – Only a selected buyer group has been invited to bid in this auction.
- Open auction – Any user logged in on the platform can participate in this kind of auction.
Top Nft Marketplaces To Have An Auction
NFT marketplaces are online platforms where an NFT developer bids for an NFT or puts their NFT for auction. Some of the popular NFT marketplaces are –
- Terra Virtua
- Binance NFT
- Axie Marketplace
- Nifty Gateway
- Async Art
NFT auctions are where creators can monetize through the NFT development process. To monetize through this process, you must understand how to do bidding on these platforms and get new NFTs. Furthermore, it is also essential for developers to look out for authentic NFT marketplaces to list their NFTs for sale and acquire new NFTs. To gain more insight into NFT and how this entity can benefit you, visit Blockchain Council to access legitimate sources of information on NFTs.