Many international applicants prefer to complete their studies/graduation in Australian educational institutions. This is because Australian training institutes provide premium quality training and student support services to students. However, to get access to these benefits you must get a visa. But it can be quite a challenge for you to get a student visa to study in the nation. This is because you need to meet a large number of requirements to become eligible for it. Keeping this in mind, today we are sharing with you all the things you need to know to get an Australian student permit.
Here’s everything that you need to know about getting a study permit to study at Australian universities.
Benefits of Meeting the Study Requirements in the Country
As an international applicant, you must meet certain requirements to study at Australian universities. Moreover, if you don’t meet these study requirements you can’t get an Australian study permit. Following are the benefits of meeting the study requirements in the nation:
- You can pursue the learning program of your choice at any Australian learning institution. To learn about the most popular programs that you can pursue at Australian learning institutions feel free to contact our Australia study visa consultants in Chandigarh.
- You are eligible to apply for a study permit to study at Australian training institutions. Moreover, your family members are eligible to accompany you in the nation for the duration of your training program. However, for this, you will have to add the details of your family members to your visa application form.
Requirements for Study Visa
If you want to get a study visa then you must meet certain requirements of the Department of Home Affairs of Australia. Moreover, you will also have to submit various documents to the authorities to get the visa. Following are the key visa requirements you need to meet to get a study visa to study at Australian universities:
- Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements
- Financial requirements
- English proficiency requirements
- Health and character requirements
Note: You may have to meet some other requirements apart from these requirements.
To become eligible for an Australian student permit your age must be a minimum of 18 years. However, there is no maximum age limit to get a visa in the nation. But if you wish to get an exemption in this age limit then you will have to contact IMMI authorities.
As per the website of IMMI, you must submit certain documents to get a study permit to study at Australian universities. Thus, we recommend you start your preparation process at least 90 to 100 days in advance. This will give you sufficient time to arrange all the necessary documents to study at Australian learning institutes. Following are the documents you need to get a visa to study in an Australian training institute:
- Long-stay application form
- Copy of passport
- Two passport-size photographs
- Letter of acceptance
- Confirmation of Enrolment Form
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of funds
- Proof of accommodation
- Overseas health insurance receipt
- Copy of air ticket
- Copy of mark sheets/diplomas
- Police clearance certificate
- IELTS scorecard
- TOEFL scorecard
- Medical certificate
- GRE scorecard
- GMAT scorecard
- Application fee payment receipt
- Non-immigrant visa application
How Much Funds Are Necessary to Get an Australian Study Permit?
You must submit proof of adequate funds to authorities 3 months before the commencement of your training. However, if you don’t submit proof of funds to the authorities then you won’t get a visa from authorities. As per the authorities of the country, you must have at least AUD 21,041 to get a permit to study in the country. Following are the documents that you can submit as proof of funds to authorities:
- Prior employment letter
- Income tax returns
- Bank statements
- Financial reports, etc.
English Proficiency Requirements
If the applicant is not a native English speaker, then he must appear for ELT to study in the country. Why? Because without proof of proficiency in English, you can’t apply for a study permit at the study destination. To prove your proficiency in English you can appear for various types of ELT. For instance, you can appear for IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE exams. Following is the minimum score you must get in various ELTs to get an Australian study permit:
- IELTS: 5.5
- TOEFL: 46
- Cambridge English Test: 162
- PTE: 42
- Occupational English Test: B in each section of the ELT. To learn about the Occupational English Test in more detail feel free to contact our best overseas consultant in Chandigarh.
Now you are aware of all the requirements that you need to meet to get an Australian study permit. Thus, now you are in a position to easily complete your study permit process without any type of problem. So, do keep this information in mind if you want to complete your study permit process without any hassle.