Alopecia Areata is basically an auto immune disorder which causes the hair to come out, and that too in clumps the size and shape of a quarter. The amount of hair loss might vary from one person to another. While some might lose just in a few spots, there are some who may lose a lot. Hair might grow back but again fall out later. But, actually growing back of hair is a good symptom.
There are several types of this condition. In its main form, Alopecia Areata is the most common among them all, but also there are some rare types:-
- When you have lost all the hair on your head, it’s known as Alopecia Areata Totalis.
- If you suffer from a loss of hair over your entire body, it’s known as Alopecia Areata Universalis.
- It might also be that there might not be any lost patches, but just a sudden thinning of your hair, then we call it Diffuse Alopecia Areata.
- If you lose hair in a band shape around the sides and back of your head, we call by the name Ophiasis Alopecia Areata.
But rest assured. Whatever type you may suffer from, Treatment Alopecie in Montreal has got you all covered providing all types of treatment related to hair loss.
Symptoms of Alopecia:
The most common symptom of Alopecia is hair loss. You might notice:
- Small bald patches on your scalp or other parts of your body.
- Sometimes, small patches may get larger and grow altogether as a bald spot.
- Within a short span of time, you lose a lot of your hair.
- Hair may grow back in one spot but again fall out in another spot.
- During cold weather conditions, there is more hair loss.
- Check to see whether your toenails and fingernails are becoming red, frangible and potholed.
Skin with bald patches are smooth, with no rash or redness. But, before the hair falls out, you may get a feeling of itchiness, tingleness or burning sensation on your skin.
Treatment Alopecie in Montreal:
There is no care of Alopecia. But it can be treated and hair can grow back. Treatment Alopecie in Montreal has many things to try for a successful treatment.
Corticosteroids: These are mainly anti-inflammatory drugs which are prescribed for auto immune diseases. They are mainly given as an injection into the scalp or other parts of the body. You can also take them as pills or rub it on the skin as they are also available as cream, ointment or foam. The only thing is that you need to hold your patience as immediate results cannot be expected for Alopecia Treatment.
Topical Immunotherapy: Are you suffering from lots of hair loss or it has happened previously and again recurring itself? In such cases, experts of Treatment Alopecie in Montreal apply a chemical onto your scalp which produces an allergic reaction. If everything goes fine, it is this reaction which makes the hair grow back. You might get a feeling of itchy rash but this process needs to be repeated several times to keep up with the new hair growth.
Minoxidil(Rogaine): Are you a victim of pattern baldness? This treatment is specifically designed for such persons which is mainly put on the scalp. You would be seeing the results after about 12 weeks, after which a growth of hair is expected.
In addition to it, medications which are primarily used for other auto immune disorders are utilized by professionals of Treatment Alopecie in Montreal, for alopecia treatment. Each and every medicine has different amounts of success in the regrowth of hair.
Alopecia is not usually a serious medical condition. But the main problem is that it causes a lot of sadness and anxiety. Don’t worry. If you have lost your hair, it can grow back. Treatment Alopecie in Montreal has got several different ways to cover your hair loss and thus protect your scalp. If you notice a sudden hair loss, just get in touch with an expert of Alopecia treatment.